Current data in a Tableau visualization can offer insights into future performance. In this video, learn how to forecast future values.
- [Instructor] Analyzing business performance … gives you insights into how things are going now … but to succeed, you must also use that data … to judge your future prospects. … In this movie, I will show you how to create data forecasts … that you use for company's past performance … to estimate how things might go in the future. … My sample file is 05_05_Forecast … and you can find that in the Chapter Five folder … of the Exercise Files collection. … This workbook contains a single visualization … and on it I have monthly sales data over time. … What I'd like to do … is to have Tableau calculate a forecast … indicating what it believes sales … are likely to be in the future … if these trends stay the same. … To do that I will go over to the Analytics panels, … so I'll click the Analytics tab … and then under Model, I will drag Forecast … onto the visualization … and I'll drag it onto the Forecast icon. … And you see in our visualization … we have the original data … except it's been moved in a little bit …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.