- No matter how good of a job you've done constructing…you enterprise data project portfolio and selling the idea…to executives and stake holders across your organization,…you haven't fully finished the job until you've received…the final approval to proceed with your program.…You have everything you need by this point,…so it's time to make your pitch to secure the final…approval and the funding that you'll need…to move forward with your program.…One of the first things that you need to…do is build a coalition of supporters.…This coalition should include peers from both…the business and I.T. sides of your organization…along with as many highly respected executives…as you are able to get on board.…
Keep in mind that when it comes to executives as…part of your coalition these aren't necessarily…the same individuals who will service…the formal sponsors for your initiative.…Rather, these executives should be from across the…company and in many ways a part of your coalition…primarily to encourage participation and…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.