When giving a presentation that includes Tableau data, you will often create a PowerPoint slide deck. In this video, learn how to export visualizations to PowerPoint.
- [Instructor] Tableau includes several modes … for presenting data, but some users … are just more comfortable using Microsoft PowerPoint. … You can use the techniques in this movie, … which are new in Tableau 2019 point one, … to create PowerPoint slides based on … the visualizations that you design in Tableau. … The sample file I'll base my work on … is zero three ten PowerPoint, and you can find it in the … Chapter Three folder of your exercise files collection. … This workbook contains a visualization, but let's say that … I want to export it to a PowerPoint slide deck. … To do that, I'll go to the file menu and then, … about a quarter of the way down, I'll click … export as PowerPoint, doing so opens the save PowerPoint … dialog box, which is really just a save as dialog box. … We've got the file name and just to check, … I'll make sure that the extension is PPTX, … which is the most recent version of PowerPoint … and also the type is PowerPoint presentation. … Alright, everything looks good, I'll go ahead …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.