Sharing Tableau data can be a challenge, but almost every data analysis program can read a comma-separated value file. In this video, learn how to export data to a CSV file.
- [Instructor] Most of this course focuses … on how to bring data into Tableau, … but it can be just as useful to know how to export it. … The most useful data format … is often the comma separated value or CSV file. … In this movie, I will show you how to export … your Tableau data as a CSV file, … and what it looks like when you open it in Excel. … My sample file is 03_09_ToCSV, … and you can find it in the chapter three folder … of the exercise files collection. … This workbook does contain a worksheet, … with a single visualization. … But what I really want to do is export the underlying data … to a comma separated value or a CSV file. … To do that, I will go to the Data menu, … and then I will point to my data source, … which is CombinedData slash AllData. … And then, almost all the way at the bottom, … I will click Export Data to CSV. … Doing so displays the Export Data dialog box. … I'll keep the file name the same. … The only thing I'll do is check to make sure … that I have a .csv extension, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.