Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Enterprise scope, part of Big Data Foundations: Building Architecture and Teams.
- Before you begin any enterprise data intiative…you first must precisely define…what enterprise means for your company…and then what that means…for the scope of your efforts.…You need to consider factors…such as the size of your company,…the breadth of your company,…and what initiatives are underway…that impact how you'll need…to address enterprise data.…The size of your company…directly impact the manner…in which you'll likely tackle enterprise data.…Small and medium sized businesses…are far more likely to be able…to tackle every single function…and organization within their business as part…of a single enterprise-wide data initiative.…
Very large global companies however,…will be highly challenged…to develop a single enterprise-scale data architecture…under one single program…for every operation and every country…Especially if they have significant variations…in the systems and applications…and procedures,…from one global region to the next.…For them, extra special effort needs to made…to be able to address enterprise data…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analytics: Prescriptive Analyticswith Alan Simon2h 40m Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.