Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Enterprise data architecture, part of Big Data Foundations: Building Architecture and Teams.
- The phrase Enterprise Data Architecture…is a commonly used one,…but what does it really mean?…In the simplest sense,…Enterprise Data Architecture refers to an organized,…methodical collection of technology and policies that we use…to manage all of our key data across the enterprise…regardless of where that data resides,…not just in the big data environments.…When we talk about Enterprise Data Assets,…we mean our application databases,…the traditional data warehouses and data marts…that we've been using and will continue to use…in many organizations,…our newer big data environments,…also spreadsheets and personal databases…that are used for mission-critical business functions,…and even interim data stores and extract files…that serve as landing places…as data moves around the enterprise.…
Enterprise Data Architecture also requires…a balanced collection of technology…and processes and human factors.…Even though this might sound like a cliche,…and chances are you've heard this many times before…applied to many different aspects of business technology,…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analytics: Prescriptive Analyticswith Alan Simon2h 40m Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.