Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Effective or not?, part of The Modern Enterprise Data Environment.
- Chances are that you've been told time and again…what doesn't work very well in your overall…enterprise data environment.…These communications, however, are often informal in nature,…hallway conversations, or perhaps, frustrations…that someone expresses in a meeting,…so while you and others in your organization, likely,…have a pretty good idea about where the hot spots are…in your overall environment, chances are…that you don't have a single consolidated list…of those problem areas, let alone a list that has…those hot spots scored and prioritized.…
Also, because bad news and negative feedback…are usually more common when it comes to technology…and systems than good news and positive feedback,…you may actually have very little idea about what aspects…of your current environment are actually working very well.…Now that you've built your scorecard templates,…it's time to go collect all of those…critically important inputs so you can formally determine…what is and isn't working…in your enterprise data environment today.…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.