The values in Tableau sets, which identify multiple values as part of a related whole, can change. In this video, learn how to edit and delete sets.
- [Instructor] After you create one or more sets, … you can edit the values they contain, … change their names, or delete them entirely. … In this movie, I'll show you how to manage your sets. … My sample file is 07_08_EditSets, … and that's a Tableau workbook that you can find … in the chapter seven folder … of your exercise files collection. … I have summarized my data using a tree map, … breaking out sales by state. … But what I want to focus on … are the three sets that I have created, … and you can see those at the bottom left corner … of the program window on the Data panel. … There are a number of changes … that you can make to your sets. … The first is to edit the values they contain. … So let's say that I want to change Southeast. … I will right click the Southeast set pill … and click Edit Set. … If I want to change the name, I can do that. … Or if I want to remove a state, I could also do that. … So I will click North Carolina … and click the Remove button next to it. … Alright, it's gone. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.