Parameters are Tableau worksheet controls that affect data displayed on a worksheet. In this video, learn how to edit and delete parameters.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie, I showed you … how to create a filter based on a parameter … and also to display the parameter control. … Creating a parameter gives you a quick and visual way … to change the characteristics of a top filter. … If you want, you can edit the parameter … or delete it entirely. … In this movie I will show you how to edit … and if you want to get rid of a parameter. … My sample file is 0609 parameter and you can find it … in the chapter six folder of the exercise files collection. … I have a parameter that shows the top one to seven states … based on order total. … You can see the state pill is on the Filters card … and also that I'm sorting in descending order … and that's why I have the largest value going down … to the bottom. … At the right, I have the parameter control, and I see that … I currently have six values displayed and if I want … I can change that by dragging the slider. … If I want to change the parameter control there are … a couple ways to do that. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.