The values in Tableau groups, which combine multiple items into one, can change. In this video, learn how to edit and delete groups.
- [Instructor] Many times the groups you created in Tableau … will be permanent, such as when a company … changes its name or acquires another company. … However, there might be times when you want to create … a group to help with specific analysis. … If you want to change your group, either … by changing its alias, adding values, … or deleting it, you can do so quickly. … I'll demonstrate how to perform all … of these tasks in this movie. … My sample file is the 07_04_Edit workbook, … and you can find that in the chapter seven … folder of your exercise files collection. … Let's say that you want to add a group member … and you want to stay within the visualization. … Well the quick way to do it is to click … the group, in this case I have Boulder Oil, … Chef's Pantry, and Olive Mart, so I'll click that. … Then I will control click the company … that I want to add, so let's say that … they acquire New Seasonings, so I will control click that. … Now on the toolbar, I can click the group members button. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.