Tableau filters are temporary limits on which data appears in a visualization. In this video, learn how to edit, clear, and delete filters.
- [Instructor] Filters help you discover … important information about your business operations. … When you're done with your filter you can change it, … clear it but leave it active in the program's memory, … or delete it entirely. … In this movie I will show you how to edit … and delete filters. … My sample file is 0607EditFilter, … and you can find it in the chapter six folder … of your exercise files collection. … This visualization already has a filter applied. … I'm looking at the states with the 10 lowest order counts … for my data set. … If I want to edit the filter, … I can go to the Filters card, … hover my mouse pointer over the state pill, … click its down arrow, and click Edit Filter. … Doing so displays the filter dialog box … with my filter settings displayed. … So, let's say that instead of the bottom 10, … I wanted to see the top … 15. … So what I've done is selected Top … from the control on the left … and typed 15 into the box on the right. … And I'll click Okay, … and I see the top 15 states by number of orders. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.