Tableau is a data visualization package. In this video, learn how to download or connect to Tableau.
- [Instructor] Because you're viewing movies … that are part of a course on Tableau, … I assume you're interested in acquiring … or using the software. … In this movie, … I will describe where to find the program online … and also describe the different versions of Tableau … that are available to you. … The company's website is tableau.com. … I've gone to the Products page, … which you can visit by pointing to Products … as part of the header. … And you'll see that there … are four different products available. … The first is Tableau Desktop, … and that allows you to install a program on your computer … and run it as an application. … Next is Tableau Prep, and that is data preparation … or what you might have seen referred to as data cleaning, … to get the data ready for analysis. … It is a separate product. … Next is Tableau Server, … and that is a larger enterprise-level server, … much in the same way that Access is a server … that's meant for individual users, … whereas SQL Server from Microsoft is meant for enterprises. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.