Visualizations in tooltips let you show related visualizations when a user hovers their mouse pointer over another visualization. In this video, learn how to display a viz in a tooltip.
- [Teacher] When you hover your mouse pointer … over a data point in a visualization, … Tableau displays a tool tip that summarizes … the data represented by the point. … In this movie I will show you how to edit those tool tips … as well as how to include a visualization within a tool tip. … My sample file is 10 06 Vis In Tool Tip … and you can find it in the chapter 10 folder … of the exercise files collection. … This workbook has two worksheets … and I'm on the Treemap worksheet to start, … and as the name implies I have a tree map … that breaks down sales by product name. … So I have lemon infused olive oil by the case, … by the bottle, an assortment sold by the case and so on. … If I hover my mouse pointer over any of the areas … in the visualization you'll see that I get a tool tip … and it shows the product name, and the order total. … Those are the only two fields that … I am using to create the tree map. … You can see our product name and order total in two places, … both for color and size, in the marks card. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.