Presentation mode is a Tableau mode you can use to tell stories with data. In this video, learn how to display a visualization in Presentation mode.
- [Instructor] You can often make your Tableau … visualizations easier to comprehend … by making them larger. … You can either resize the viz within Tableau … or you can get rid of most of the user interface … and display them in presentation mode. … In this movie, … I will show you how to display your viz … in presentation mode. … My sample file is 10 04 presentation mode … and you can find it in the chapter 10 folder … of the exercise files collection. … This workbook contains two sheets. … I have this tree map … and then on sheet two, … I have a text table that we'll see in a few moments. … In this visualization, … some of the labels, for example, here … with the case for mandarin or a case for thyme for 2018 … aren't fully displayed. … Same thing here for bottles of thyme in 2017 and 2018. … And for this one box here, … cases of hazelnut, we don't see any of the label at all. … You can't guarantee that you're going … to see all of your labels by making the visualization larger … but if you display it in presentation mode, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.