Tableau workbooks use data sources to create visualizations. In this video, learn how to display the data underlying a workbook.
- [Instructor] You can use Tableau … to create effective creative visualizations. … But what if you want to look at the data … that underlies a visualization you've created? … You can do that inside the program … through a process I'll demonstrate … using the 03_01_ViewData workbook. … You can find that file in the Chapter Three folder … of the exercise files collection. … I've created a tree map … which uses a combination of color and size … to indicate the relative magnitude of a set of measurements. … And in this case, … it is the sum of all sales for different products, … and they're broken down by product category … and also by individual product. … But what I really want to do … is take a look at the underlying data. … To do that, I can go to the bottom left corner … of the program window and click Data Source. … And here I have the data that I have brought in. … My dataset is organized into columns, … which are also called fields. … So I've Order Number, Order Date, … Customer Name, State, Product Category, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.