Tableau 2019 includes several new features. In this video, learn what's new in Tableau 2019.
- [Instructor] Before I start describing the details … of how to perform specific tasks in Tableau … I want to give you a quick overview … of what is new in Tableau 2019. … First, there is the ability to export a visualization … directly to PowerPoint. … It's something a lot of people were asking for … and the Tableau team added it for 2019. … Next, you can created a nested sort … and this is another name for a multi-level sort. … You can have one sort in place … and then a second level as well. … In previous versions you needed … to do either a calculated field … or combine two fields to have the same effect. … In this case you can just create a special sort … within the program with no additional changes needed. … Next, there are improvements to defining a URL action. … A URL is essentially a hyperlink. … It allows you to link to outside webpages … or other resources on the net. … The fourth new thing in Tableau 2019 is … that you can display source metadata. … What this means is that you can get a copyable list …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.