Pan and zoom let you change the part of a map and the amount of detail that is displayed. In this video, learn how to disable pan and zoom in maps.
- [Narrator] Tableau is a powerful data analysis program. … When you visualize data using maps, you can zoom in and out … and pan from side to side … to view data from many perspectives. … If you want to focus on a specific view, … Tableau does let you turn off pan and zoom … to direct attention to the data you want to emphasize. … In this movie, I will show you how to pan and zoom … within a map and also help to disable it. … My sample file is 12_04_DisablePanandZoom. … You can find that in the Chapter 12 folder … of your Exercise Files collection. … The map I'm using indicates the zip codes … where we have sold olive oil from our company. … If I want to zoom in or zoom out, … I can move my mouse pointer over the body of the map … and then on the Options bar, I can click the minus sign … to zoom out or the plus sign to zoom in. … I can also pan, that is move side to side … without changing resolution by pointing to the rightward … pointing arrow, clicking at the pan tool, which in my case …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.