Pie charts are visualizations that show how parts contribute to a whole. In this video, learn how to create pie charts.
- [Instructor] You can often gain important insights … into your data by creating a pie chart, … which displays the contributions … of several parts to a total. … For example, you could display the percentage … of all revenue by product category, … with each wedge of the pie representing … an individual category. … In this movie, … I will show you how to create a pie chart in Tableau. … My sample file is 09_03_PieChart, … and you can find that in the Chapter 9 folder … of the Exercise Files collection. … I have connected it to my data source, … and let's say that I want to create a pie chart, … the first one that I'll make, … that breaks down sales by product category. … I'll start by dragging Product Category to the Rows area. … I could have also dragged it to the Rows shelf, … where the pill appears now. … And then I want to summarize by order total. … So I will grab Order Total … and drag that to the Data area. … So I have a table with bottle and case sales. … To create a pie chart, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.