Some values in a Tableau visualization will be related to other values, which may be combined into a set. In this video, learn how to define a set.
- [Josh] When you analyze a data source, … you will often find that certain values go together. … For example, you might treat a set of states as region, … so it makes sense to define a set of those values. … In this movie, I'll show you how … to define a constant set, … which you can use to analyze … a portion of your data. … My sample file is the 0705 define set workbook, … and you can find it in the chapter seven folder … of the exercise files collection. … I have created a highlight table … that is based on data by state. … And let's say that I want to group … the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia … into their own group. … I would also include Delaware, … but this particular set doesn't include … any sales from that state. … You can start defining your set … by selecting the headers of the values … that you want to include. … So I'll have the District of Columbia, … so I'll click that. … Then I will hold down the control key … and click Maryland, … and then scroll down …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.