Tableau 2019.2 includes parameter actions, which let you affect your visualizations based on the elements you identify. In this video, learn how to define a parameter action.
- [Instructor] Parameters let you control … which data is displayed in a visualization. … In this movie, I will show you the new parameter actions … available for worksheets and dashboards in Tableau 2019.2. … My sample file is 14_04_ParameterActions … and you can find it in the Chapter14 folder … of the exercise files collection. … In this visualization, I have the total of sales … for bottles and also for cases of olive oil. … My goal in this movie is to use a parameter action … to create a reference line that I can change position of. … So, for example, if I wanted to click a particular mark, … then I could establish that, in this case, … order total of 432.5 as the basis … for the reference line throughout the graph. … Let's go ahead and do that. … The first thing I need to do is create a parameter, … so I'll go up to the Data pane … and I'll click the Dimensions down arrow … and click Create Parameter. … I'll change the name to Reference Parameter … and I'll leave the data point or data type as float …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.