Highlight actions use color to identify specific values on a worksheet or dashboard. In this video, learn how to define a highlight action.
- [Instructor] When you create a dashboard,…you give yourself quick access…to overviews of your data.…You'll probably care most about…a subset of that data at any given time,…so Tableau lets you highlight data…according to rules that you define.…In this movie,…I will show you how to create an action…so that you can apply…a highlight quickly.…My sample file is 1304 Highlight…and you can find it in the Chapter 13 folder…of the exercise files collection.…In this workbook,…I have a dashboard on the dashboard one sheet…and here I summarize data…from four of the other sheets in this workbook.…
Let's say that I want to click on elements…within this dashboard…and that can be a product name, a category, a year.…And highlight elements in the dashboard related to it.…And for that, I need to define an action.…I go to the dashboard menu…and then I will click actions.…And in the actions dialog box,…I can't define a new one so I'll click add action.…In the list that pops up,…I will click highlight.…In the add highlight dialog box,…
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.