Tableau groups let you combine multiple items into a single item for the purposes of visualization and calculation. In this video, learn how to define a group.
- [Announcer] Even when you do your best … to keep your data clean, … you will find that errors and updates creep in. … For example, a customer company might change its name … in the middle of your year, … or they could acquire another company. … That means you need to figure how to deal … with that situation. … In this movie, I will show you how to define groups … which let you combine multiple items … into a single item within your visualization. … My sample file is the 0701 Group Workbook, … and you can find that in the Chapter Seven folder … of the Exercise Files collection. … I have a table of customer sales values, … and they are listed by customer. … So you can see that I have Artisinal Groceries, … Austin cooking and so on. … The scenario I have in mind … is that Boulder Oil, the third item, … has acquired Chef's Pantry. … That means that I need to treat … those two companies as one unit going forward. … I can do that by creating a group. … I'll start by selecting the cells … that contain the names of the companies I want to combine, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.