Tableau groups let you assign items to specific groups and combine all leftover items into an "other" group. In this video, learn how to define a group for “other” values.
- [Instructor] When you analyze data in Tableau, … you will often find that it is useful … to group multiple items into a single item in your display. … In this case, I have combined Boulder Oil … and Chef's Pantry, which were originally … separate items, into a group. … In this movie, I will show you how to extend … this feature by defining an other group. … In other words, a group that contains all of the entries … not in other groups you have created. … My sample file is 07_02_Other and you … can find it in the chapter seven folder … of the exercise files collection. … In this visualization, I have Boulder Oil … and Chef's Pantry as a single group. … If I want to create an other group, that is a group … for all the other values, I have … two ways to do it, I'll show you both. … To start, you can go over to the data panel, … and then you see you have customer name group. … If you just wanted to work with customer name, … you could click the customer name pill, … but in this case we want to work with the group. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.