Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Data standardization, part of Big Data Foundations: Building Architecture and Teams.
- The very nature of data management…in the modern enterprise introduces…significant challenges when it comes to…the standardization of data.…Across our components, do we have apples to apples…comparisons when it comes to our data structures…and definitions and content?…Or, is our environment more like apples to oranges?…Or, maybe even worse?…Even though data standardization at the enterprise level…seems like a daunting task, we can actually…decompose the problem into a manageable set…of steps that begins with focusing…on our enterprise master data.…
Master Data Management, or MDM…encompasses the key subject areas of our business…and is intended to span the entire enterprise,…not just a single application, or perhaps…a couple of different systems.…Given the nature of the distributed reporting…and analytics that we've looked at…with reports and dashboards and visualizations…and other analytics being produced…by many different components in the typical enterprise,…Master Data Management is critical to be able to…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analytics: Prescriptive Analyticswith Alan Simon2h 40m Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.