- The very nature of data management…in the modern enterprise introduces…significant challenges when it comes to…the standardization of data.…Across our components, do we have apples to apples…comparisons when it comes to our data structures…and definitions and content?…Or, is our environment more like apples to oranges?…Or, maybe even worse?…Even though data standardization at the enterprise level…seems like a daunting task, we can actually…decompose the problem into a manageable set…of steps that begins with focusing…on our enterprise master data.…
Master Data Management, or MDM…encompasses the key subject areas of our business…and is intended to span the entire enterprise,…not just a single application, or perhaps…a couple of different systems.…Given the nature of the distributed reporting…and analytics that we've looked at…with reports and dashboards and visualizations…and other analytics being produced…by many different components in the typical enterprise,…Master Data Management is critical to be able to…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.