- You need to make data quality a top priority…in your overall Enterprise Data Environment,…but data quality does not happen by accident…nor will it be sustained by itself.…Data governance is a critically important aspect…to your environment.…Before focusing on the future state,…you need to be crystal clear about the overall…data quality in your current environment.…The good news is that the results from your…scorecard effort should clearly indicate…what that current state is.…But regardless of whether the relevant scores…for data quality are good or bad, you will need…to dig into the details specifically in two areas.…
First, we have the fundamental correctness…of your data.…Is the value of any given piece…of data in any component in your enterprise…actually correct?…Or has the value somehow been corrupted,…and instead is incorrect?…And you usually can tell this by incorrect data…showing up on reports or many of the other things…that will be reported by the people responding…to the survey scorecards.…Second, because of the nature of Enterprise Data…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.