After importing data, verify data has imported as you wanted in Tableau.
- [Instructor] When working with our data…and particularly when working with multiple data sources,…we want to verify that the imported data set…matches our expectations of the data.…We want to perform a data quality check…both in Tableau and against our external data…to insure that our dashboard is being created correctly.…Then we walk through the steps of importing the data files.…We just want to perform this data quality check…to make sure that we're headed in the right direction.…And of our two data sources,…the World Bank indicator…has more of the variables that we want.…
So we want to make sure…that the join to the UN data set has worked well.…Especially when working with multiple data sets,…we want to make sure everything came in correctly.…And performing a quick data quality check…in Tableau and against the external data file…is a good way to double-check your work.…To do this, what I'm going to start with…is grabbing the number of records.…Number of records is going to tell me…the total number of rows in the data source.…
- Sketching your designs
- Formatting data
- Creating cross-data joins
- Creating visuals
- Grouping data
- Using stories vs. tabs
- Changing chart measures and types with interactive parameters
- Making iterations and improvements on your Tableau dashboard design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.