- Some organizations have been early adopters…of big data technology, while others still primarily…manage their analytical data…through more traditional systems and components.…Either way, when it comes to the delivery and usage…of enterprise data, beyond production reports,…you might find your organization's reports and analytics…coming from any one of the following environments.…Enterprise data warehouses that deliver…cross-functional reporting and analysis;…specific-purpose data marts that might be subsets…of an enterprise data warehouse,…or perhaps even a stand alone, smaller scale environment;…or, big data environments that have been built…primarily for a new generation of advanced analytics.…
On the surface, your current state architectural diagrams…might paint a picture of your landscape that could show…a jumbled mess among these various types of environments.…Or, conversely, might depict an orderly division…of responsibility, but even if your environment…looks like it is well-architected and orderly,…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.