Learn the different components of the dashboard: text, bins, charts, etc.
- [Instructor] So building the structure…of our Dashboard is done not only using our Worksheets…but also the available Objects…that we have in the Dashboard panel, here.…So to get started with this,…over on the left-hand side of our Dashboard we have a couple…of different sections…that we're going to kind of take advantage of…to continue to build-out our Dashboard.…On the top, here, we have our Size…so we do either as Fixed size, Automatic size,…or a Range, or we can specify the particular Height.…I'm going to go ahead and change this to Automatic…so that it will resize depending on…whatever screen people are looking at this on.…
We also then have our Sheets…and we've pulled the Sheets over.…We will continue to pull Sheets over just…by kind of clicking on them and dragging them over…but these are our available.…If you hide Sheets in your Workbook they will disappear…from kind of what's available to be picked from this list.…You also then have your Objects down below…and this is a useful section…for continuing to add content but also helping to organize.…
- Sketching your designs
- Formatting data
- Creating cross-data joins
- Creating visuals
- Grouping data
- Using stories vs. tabs
- Changing chart measures and types with interactive parameters
- Making iterations and improvements on your Tableau dashboard design
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization: Storytellingwith Bill Shander1h 37m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.