Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Dashboard objects, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Tableau.
- Building the structure of our Dashboard…is done using the Worksheets…and then the available objects on the Dashboard Panel.…So, we touched upon this briefly as we were…kind of building just a placeholders…for the different components…but wanted to pause to talk a little bit more about…the components you see over on the left-hand side…of the Dashboard.…So you'll see under the Worksheets right now…we've got our Dashboard, Sheet one, two, three,…the Horizontal, Vertical, Text, Image, Web Page, and Blank.…So these are all very useful…for kind of laying out your different components,…allowing you to kind of set up the structure.…
I think the ones I tend to use the most…when building the Dashboard are the Bins…or these Horizontal and Vertical and then also the Text.…And so really,…when we talk about the Horizontal and Vertical…what you're doing is you're creating a Bin,…that then, we can allow to drop into other components.…So we did that earlier,…where we were creating the Hold controls in this Sheet.…And I can highlight this by first selecting the chart…
- Building worksheets to feed dashboards
- Formatting data
- Creating visuals
- Creating calculated fields and sets
- Designing the dashboard
- Adding interactive parameters
- Keeping your Tableau dashboard up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
Up and Running with Excel What-If Analysiswith Curt Frye1h 10m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity with Parameters
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.