Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Dashboard cleanup using visual grouping, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Tableau 10.
- [Instructor] Alright, keeping our visual…design practices in mind,…we want to go ahead and clean up the dashboard a bit…to really get the layout and design in good shape.…So I want to walk through a couple of clean up steps.…And really this is just about trying…to keep our visual design practices in mind,…as well as the over-all story and formatting…that we want to present to new users…that might be coming in…and looking at this for the first time.…First thing, I'm going to switch this back…to 1000 by 1000 just to make it…a little easier to work with.…
We may continue to resize as we work with it.…But let's go ahead and get rid of our hold for controls.…We don't need that anymore.…We also can go ahead and modify our country clusters here…because really this is about internet usage.…Cluster.…Just to give it a litter better name.…Again, we may continue to modify that as we go.…But I also want to go ahead and add a bit of an introduction…so I'm thinking work from the top down.…How do all of the objects flow together and work.…
- Sketching your designs
- Formatting data
- Creating cross-data joins
- Creating visuals
- Grouping data
- Using stories vs. tabs
- Changing chart measures and types with interactive parameters
- Making iterations and improvements on your Tableau dashboard design
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization: Storytellingwith Bill Shander1h 37m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.