Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Current gaps, part of The Modern Enterprise Data Environment.
- [Voiceover] Addressing current gaps…and problems is essential.…You've put together a team to define…a greatly improved future state…of enterprise data management for your entire organization,…but you need to make absolutely sure in doing so…that you're solving today's problems.…It would be wonderful if you had…an entirely clean slate to work with,…where you could define an optimal future stay…from the ground up without the baggage…coming from today's environments.…But if you wind up implementing…an entirely new suite of technology sitting on top…of brand new databases and big data environments,…and after all of that, many or most of today's problems…still exist despite your efforts,…you'll wind up wasting money, and plenty of it…because enterprise scale data initiatives…are very costly propositions; time, and plenty of it,…because typically, you're looking at an effort…that will be two to three years in duration,…or perhaps even longer for very large enterprises;…resources, because every single person…on the enterprise data team that you've put together…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.