- [Voiceover] Addressing current gaps…and problems is essential.…You've put together a team to define…a greatly improved future state…of enterprise data management for your entire organization,…but you need to make absolutely sure in doing so…that you're solving today's problems.…It would be wonderful if you had…an entirely clean slate to work with,…where you could define an optimal future stay…from the ground up without the baggage…coming from today's environments.…But if you wind up implementing…an entirely new suite of technology sitting on top…of brand new databases and big data environments,…and after all of that, many or most of today's problems…still exist despite your efforts,…you'll wind up wasting money, and plenty of it…because enterprise scale data initiatives…are very costly propositions; time, and plenty of it,…because typically, you're looking at an effort…that will be two to three years in duration,…or perhaps even longer for very large enterprises;…resources, because every single person…on the enterprise data team that you've put together…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.