Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating visuals, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Tableau.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Worksheets are the foundations of our Dashboards,…and so, to make our data come alive,…we want to make it visual using Tableau's charts and graphs.…So really, to get started here, we need to…bring in our data file, our revised data file from Excel.…So I'm going to go up here under Connect…To a file and click on Excel, and I want to navigate…to the Exercise Files, and our Data Extract.…And then it'll bring up our sheets.…Now, the data was the original data sheet,…and then we worked on the revised,…so I want to grab the DataRevised and drag it…over to the sheets, and you can see now…our data set is loaded, and we can just verify…we picked the right sheet, and we can see…our Year column, so looks good.…
Okay, so now let's go ahead and go over to the Worksheet,…in Sheet 1, and now we can see our dimensions…and measures have been loaded into Tableau.…So using the, you know, Show Me button,…we've got a lot of default charts over here.…And as we hover over, kind of, the different charts,…you can see the different requirements around…
- Building worksheets to feed dashboards
- Formatting data
- Creating visuals
- Creating calculated fields and sets
- Designing the dashboard
- Adding interactive parameters
- Keeping your Tableau dashboard up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
Up and Running with Excel What-If Analysiswith Curt Frye1h 10m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity with Parameters
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.