Learn to create filters that filter data across multiple data sources.
- [Narrator] Filters give you and your viewers an easy way…to explore and analyze the data…by getting to the level of data it needed.…And in Tableau 10 we can also now add a single filter…that is going to work across multiple data sources.…So we've built this space for filters into our dashboard.…And for this dashboard we're really going to add just a few…filters that I think will help our viewers explore the data.…And we want to take a look at some other features…you know, as we add the filters…and then also think about our design hierarchy.…But we're going to add just a couple of filters around…country, year and we're also got region…for our examples in this dashboard.…
So first of all, we've got the region filter already…built in and again, we're working with two data sets…where we've got our World Bank data…and then we've got our U.N. data that is feeding…our Increase in Education Spending chart down below.…So new to Tableau 10, we can actually filter now across…multiple data sources simply by, we've added the filter.…
- Sketching your designs
- Formatting data
- Creating cross-data joins
- Creating visuals
- Grouping data
- Using stories vs. tabs
- Changing chart measures and types with interactive parameters
- Making iterations and improvements on your Tableau dashboard design
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization: Storytellingwith Bill Shander1h 37m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.