Scatter plots are visualizations that relate two sets of numerical values. In this video, learn how to create scatter plots.
- [Instructor] A lot of the data … that you collect and analyze in Tableau … will have one dimension and one measure, … so for example, you could have a dimension … such as product category or product name. … You could also then have a measure … such as the total amount spent. … However, there will be times … when you have two numerical measures. … For example, you might have order total … and the time in days … since a customer's previous order. … If you have two measures, … you can graph them … by creating what's called a scatterplot … or scatter chart. … I'll demonstrate how to do that in this movie. … My sample file is 09_04_Scatter … and you can find it in the chapter nine folder … of your exercise files collection. … I have two measures here … over in the data panel … and you see I have Order Total … and Time Since Previous Order. … I'll click Data Source … at the bottom left corner of the program window, … so we can see what the data looks like … and it's just two columns of numbers. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.