Tableau visualizations don't usually include the data behind the workbook. In this video, learn how to create a packaged workbook.
- [Instructor] Tableau is a very useful … and versatile program, but not everyone has a full copy. … If you want to share your Tableau workbooks … with users who might not have Tableau, … or at least not the full version, you can do so … by creating what is called a packaged workbook. … Individuals who don't have the full version of Tableau … can view packaged workbooks in the Tableau viewer, … which they can download from the Tableau website. … In this movie, I will show you how to create … a packaged workbook, which comes with both the visualization … and the underlying data. … My sample file is 03_08_Packaged, … and you can find it in the chapter three folder … of the exercise files collection. … Every workbook contains two different elements. … The first is the visualization, which you see here, … where I summarize sales by product category … and by product name. … And also the data source, which you can see … if you go to the bottom left and click Data Source. … If you want to export your workbook as a packaged workbook, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.