A highlight table is a visualization that uses color to identify values of interest. In this video, learn how to create a highlight table.
- [Instructor] You can create many different types … of visualizations in Tableau. … What I wanted to do was take a few moments … to show you a specific type of vis … that perhaps you don't use that much. … That visualization is called a highlight table, … and it uses color to display the relative proportion … of values that are contributed by cells within a text table. … To demonstrate how to create a highlight table, … I will use the 10_05_HighlightTable workbook. … You can find that in the chapter 10 folder … of your exercise files collection. … I'm open on sheet two, … and here you see that I have a text table … that shows sales based on the years 2017 and 2018 … broken down by category and then product. … If I want to change this to a highlight table … to use color to indicate the relative magnitude … of these values, I can go to the toolbar, click show me, … and then at the right side … of the top row is highlight table. … I'll go ahead and click that, … and you see that formatting has been applied. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.