Condition filters are rules that limit what data appears in a Tableau visualization. In this video, learn how to create a condition filter.
- [Narrator] When you analyze business data, … you will often want to limit the range … of values you look at. … For example, you might only want to identify … states where you have received less than … $500 or $1,000 worth of orders. … If that is the case, you can create what's called … a condition filter to identify those values … as the ones you want to see. … I'll demonstrate how to create a condition filter … in this movie. … My sample file is 06 05 Condition … and you can find it in the Chapter Six folder … of the exercise files collection. … I want to work with states, … and the total of orders we received from them, … so I will go to the Data panel and drag State … to the Rows shelf, or at least the Rows area … within the visualization, … and when I drop it, I see my list of states. … Now, sometimes, Tableau can get into a state … or a condition where you aren't able to drag a field … from the Data panel into the visualization. … If that's the case with a geographic field such as State, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.