Tableau uses dialog boxes to control how and where data appears. In this video, learn how to create calculations in dialog boxes.
- [Instructor] The Tableau documentation calls the feature … I'm about to describe, creating calculations … in dialog boxes, but what you're really doing … is using auto complete to create formula based filters … to focus the data displayed in a visualization. … In this movie, I will show you how to create these filters. … My sample file is zero four zero six dialog calc … and you can find it in the Chapter Four folder … of the exercise files collection. … I have the sum of all order totals … for my product line, broken down by product name. … Let's say that I only want to see items sold that are lower … in this list, sorted in alphabetical order, by lemon bottle. … So, in other words, lemon case … all the way down to thyme by the case. … To create that filter role, I can go to the rows shelf … and then hover over the product name pill, … click the down arrow and then click filter. … In the filter dialog box, I can click the condition tab … and then select the by formula radio button. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.