Rather than adding up value totals, Tableau lets you find how many of an item, and how many unique items, appear in a field. In this video, learn how to count occurrences and distinct items.
- [Instructor] Large data collections tend to contain … a lot of repeated values. … If you sell olive oil, … you could have a couple of product categories, … each of which contain several products. … One way to analyze your data … is to discover the number of orders … for a product in a specific category, … or by counting the number of distinct items … within each category. … I'll show you how to perform … both of those tasks in this movie. … My sample file is 05_02_Count, … and you can find it in the chapter five folder … of the exercise files collection. … This workbook contains a single worksheet, … and, on it, I have the start of a table, … where I have my products listed by product name, … and I don't have anything in the data field yet. … Let's say that I want to count … the number of orders for each of those products. … If I look back at the data source, … that is, the table that I am using … to provide data for the visualization, … I'll do that by clicking Data Source … at the bottom left corner of the program window. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.