Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Communicating, part of Big Data Foundations: Building Architecture and Teams.
- [Voiceover] Communicating progress in how you're…addressing risks and issues and everything…else about your enterprise data program is one…of the most important things you can do.…Your organization's stakeholders will want…to know that the initiative they've supported…is indeed making progress as well as whether…or not they need to intervene to address challenges.…Everyone on the enterprise data team wants…to know that the work they've done,…and possibly the long hours they've put in…are being well received by the company as a whole,…and are truly making a difference.…
You need to put a comprehensive program…of end-to-end communications in place…and make sure that throughout…the effort you stick to this plan.…You'll want to be producing weekly status reports.…You also need to conduct quarterly program reviews,…perhaps with more frequent, smaller reviews…occurring in between as well.…You also should put a formal process in place…when decisions by executives and stakeholders are needed.…Let's look at each of these.…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analytics: Prescriptive Analyticswith Alan Simon2h 40m Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.