Data sources can come with messy data that is hard to analyze. In this video, learn how to clean up source data.
- [Instructor] Most of the time, … the data you bring in to Tableau will be pretty clean. … You will have Excel workbooks that contain single tables … with incorrect values … that can throw off the data interpretation, … or, perhaps the data's coming from another source. … However, there will be times … when you find that your data isn't formatted … as cleanly as it should be, … and Tableau has a hard time reading it. … In this movie, I'll show you how to use the data interpreter … to clean up your data. … I have started Tableau, and I'm at the start screen, … so I can make a data connection to a file. … I'll go over to the Connect area … of the navigation bar on the left, … and click Microsoft Excel. … Then, in the Chapter02 folder, … of the Exercise Files collection, … I will double-click CleanData.xlsx. … I can add the data that I want. … So, I will drag CombinedData to the Drag sheets here area. … And you see that I, in fact, do have a number of issues. … I have Final Sales for 2017 and 2018, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.