Tableau worksheets all start with the same tab color, but you can change that color to make them stand out. In this video, learn how to change a worksheet’s tab color.
- [Instructor] When you create a Tableau workbook, … you will want to bring your colleagues eye … to the most important part of it. … In this movie, I will show you how to … highlight a worksheet tab by changing its color. … My sample file is 03_04_TabColor, … and you can find it in the chapter three folder … of the exercise files collection. … This workbook contains three worksheets, … we have Sheet 1, which is currently displayed. … And then we also have BarChart, … which shows sales by quarter and month over two years. … And then we have a worksheet called BarChart (2), … which contains exactly the same data. … There is no apparent reason why the data … needs to be on two sheets, … so, I want to highlight BarChart (2) … as a sheet that could potentially be deleted. … To do that, I will go down to the tab bar … and right click the BarChart (2) sheet tab. … Then at the very bottom of the short cut menu, … I will point to color … and I have a list of colors that are available to me. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.