Tableau visualizations calculate the sum of values in a data field. In this video, learn how to change the summary operation.
- [Instructor] When you visualize data in Tableau, … most of the time you'll want to find the sum … of whatever data you have collected. … For example, those could be sums of commissions … due to your salespeople or the sum of all of your sales. … There might be times, however, when you want to do … a different kind of analysis. … For example, finding the average value of sales … for a given product in a given month. … In this movie, I will show you how to change … a visualization's summary operation. … My sample file is the 02_06_Summary workbook, … which you can find in the Chapter Two folder … of the Exercise Files collection. … In this workbook, I have a single worksheet. … And here I have a table where I have … Product Category, Bottle and Case, … and then the specific product names. … And then the summary operation here is the sum … of all the order totals. … So, for example, we sold $502.00 worth of Basil, … by the bottle, and then, for the case, … we sold $415.00 worth. … If I want to change the summary operation …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.