Tableau uses a built-in color sequence to distinguish data series in visualizations. In this video, learn how to change the color sequence in charts.
- [Instructor] Programs that let you create charts … and graphs apply built in color schemes … to those visualizations. … In this movie, I will show you how to change the sequence … of colors that are applied to a Tableau visualization. … My sample file is 11_03_Sequence, … and that is the Tableau workbook you can find … in the chapter 11 folder of your exercise files collection. … And you might wonder what color sequence has been applied, … everything appears to be blue, and it is. … That's the sequence so it's a single color, … and no color pattern or coloring has been applied … to this visualization. … If I want to distinguish each of these columns by color, … then I need to make sure … that I know which field is represented. … And if I look at the horizontal axis, … it looks like that I have product name. … So I have Basil or Bazell by the bottle, Hazelnut and so on. … So those look like product names. … So I will go to the Data panel. … And I will drag Product Name to the Marks card …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.