Finding the total of data in Tableau is helpful, but it can also be useful to express values as percentages of a whole. In this video, learn how to calculate percentages within a table.
- [Instructor] You can summarize numerical data … in many different ways, but one popular method … is to determine how much values contribute … to a column, row, or entire table of data. … In this movie, I will show you how … to calculate the percentage contribution … of individual values in the table. … My sample file is 05_04_Contribution, … and you find it in the chapter five folder … of the exercise files collection. … In this workbook, I have a single worksheet, … and on it I have a visualization … that shows the total sales for each product … offered by Two Trees Olive Oil Company … in descending order. … So you can see we start with lemon by the case, … lemon diffused olive oil by the bottle, … and second, assortment and so on. … And while it's easy to tell that lemon is … by far the most popular flavor, … it's not easy to tell how much lemon by the case … and lemon by the bottle contribute to the whole. … So what I need to do is change … how the calculation is done within the body of the table. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.