Even as analysis…of your current enterprise data environment continues,…you want to begin planning for how you will get going…on to funding your future state architecture.…But with the future…of your entire enterprise data environmet…laid out in front of you,…where do you start working on that future state?…Your first step…is to build your initial portfolio of projects…keeping in mind that this portfolio…is in fact an initial one…and will likely undergo change…as the overall program progresses.…
Still, you need to make a solid first effort…at defining what project should be part…of your enterprise effort…and how those parts you saw fit together.…It's recommended that, even though,…enterprise data is all about delivering data…for operational and analytical needs…for the business side of the organization,…start by first focusing on technology efforts…such as modernizing your data bases or reporting tools…and other facets that we've discussed.…Soon enough,…you will need to align these efforts…with key business initiatives…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.