Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Build a scorecard, part of Big Data Foundations: Building Architecture and Teams.
- The charter of any enterprise data effort…is going to be something along the lines of…improve the overall quality and usability…of our enterprise data.…However, that's a rather broad statement that by itself…doesn't really provide much guidance…about where the top priority should be…for your particular initiative.…To give you more precise guidance, then,…you can start by building a scorecard that helps you…objectively determine what's going right…in today's data architecture and also, on the other side,…what might not be working quite as well,…and therefore should be a focal point for your efforts.…
You need to track and evaluate…today's data environment, how data is being used…in reports and analytics,…and then how data from those reports and analytics…as well as your operational systems are being used…by employees today.…Your data environment has four different areas…that you can grade:…application databases, traditional data warehouses…and data marts, big data environments,…as well as key spreadsheets and personal databases…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analytics: Prescriptive Analyticswith Alan Simon2h 40m Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.