Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Build a data architecture team, part of The Modern Enterprise Data Environment.
- A top-notch Enterprise Data architecture…doesn't just happen by itself.…You need an equally top-notch team to accomplish all…of the planning, architecting, designing and building.…Even though the exact composition and size of that team…will likely vary at least a little bit from…any given organization to another,…for the most part, that team will consist of;…someone serving as the Program Manager and leader,…another individual who is the…Lead Data Enterprise Architect,…and then several teams.…
One for the Business Specialists,…another for the Technical Specialists…and a third for the Data Governance Specialists.…Let's look at each of these core roles…to see what each entails,…as well as the characteristics and skills that someone…in any of those roles needs to have.…The Enterprise Data program leader is the single individual…who is formally chartered with…the responsibility of a successful effort.…Given that, even before we look at the skills…and knowledge someone in that role must have,…let's look at the characteristics an Enterprise Data…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.