Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Big data architecture, part of Big Data Foundations: Building Architecture and Teams.
- Big Data has proven to be a gamechanger…in the world of modern advanced analytics,…and nearly every organization…is at least experimenting with these new technologies.…But even beyond the world of analytics,…Big Data has a big role to play…in our overall enterprise data architecture.…Unlike the data warehouses and data marts…that we've been using since the early 1990s…for reporting and analytics,…today's Big Data environments allow us…to bring together data from hundreds,…or even thousands,…of applications and other sources of data…all into a single environment.…
Let's take a closer look at what…Big Data technology provides us in comparison to…the data warehousing approaches that most organizations…have been using, and will still continue to use.…Here, we see the typical data warehouse architecture,…in which data from a number of different applications…around the enterprise…are brought into a single enterprise data warehouse,…usually built on some sort of a relational database.…Many organizations create data warehouses…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analytics: Prescriptive Analyticswith Alan Simon2h 40m Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.