Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Big data alone is not enough, part of Big Data Foundations: Building Architecture and Teams.
- For all of the power and benefit of big data technology…when it comes to analytics and data driven insights…early adopters have quickly realized…big data alone is not enough to address…all of the long standing enterprise data challenges…that we've struggled with for years.…Ideally all of our reports and analytics…across the entire enterprise should be produced…from a single all encompassing big data environment,…which in turn receives its data…from all of the critical applications and other data sources…from both within and even outside the enterprise.…
In reality though numerous operational reports…and tactical analytics continue to be produced…from the applications themselves,…alongside the reports and analytics…coming from the big data environment.…What we commonly find is that the reports and analytics…coming out of our big data environments…are cross-functional in nature,…they address a number of different functions…across the entire organization.…They tend to be cross-organization,…not addressing just financing or just marketing…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analytics: Prescriptive Analyticswith Alan Simon2h 40m Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.